Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Put It On Your Radar: JUG FACE

image
This one comes to us from writer/director Chad Crawford Kinkle, and it’s his first major release. This seems to be quite the year for new directors to start making their name in horror, first we have Fede Alvarez with (in my opinion) amazing reimagining of Evil Dead, now we have Jug Face.
Here’s the official synopsis: The pit has spoken. Dawai, the potter of a backwoods community, has crafted a face on a ceramic jug of the person that the pit wants sacrificed. Ada, pregnant with her brother’s child, has seen her face on the jug and hides it in the woods, determined to save the life of her unborn. If she does not sacrifice herself however, the creature from the pit will kill everyone in the village until she does.
While this isn’t normally something I’d jump at, I am very interested. It sounds cool, but it also sounds like it could go either way. It stars Lauren Ashley Carter, who was in The Woman by Lucky McKee (my God do I love Lucky McKee), so that perks my interest as well.
Honestly though, the poster is pretty badass, so I’ll go check it out when it gets released. It’s currently slated for a late-July VOD release, with a theatrical run to follow. Check out the one-sheet below.

image
-Rg Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment