Friday, May 3, 2013

MORE TV NEWS: MTV to Produce Scream TV Series?



Here’s one for you all to try on for size, because I’d love to hear your thoughts about it. A couple weeks ago, I heard that Wes Craven was approached by MTV, who had recently greenlit a Scream pilot. This made my skin immediately crawl, my stomach turn and I haven’t really changed my opinion since then.

Yesterday, Wes Craven released his response via Twitter: “A lot of you have asked about the Scream TV series. It’s true I’ve been approached. My response was, it would depend on the script… If they have a great script/concept, it could be fun. If not, not.” 

This gives me hope, as MTV’s track record shows that they’re probably going to produce a shite script, but if they somehow manage to rope in Kevin Williamson it could possibly work. What are your thoughts? Yay or nay? Will MTV be able to do Ghostface justice?

-Rg Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment