Thursday, May 16, 2013

More Tasty News from the Camp of "We Are What We Are"

image

Memento Films International has approved a prequel AND sequel to Jim Mickle’s We Are What We Are. An adaptation of a 2010 Mexican film of the same name, the film hasn’t even been nationally released yet however it was released at Sundance this past January, and will be making it’s international debut at The Directors Fornight next week.

According to Mr. Disgusting at Bloody Disgusting, AJ Annila (Sauna, Jade Warrior) will be taking the directors helm for the prequel, adequately titled What We Were. It will examine how mama met papa and how the Parker’s bizarre rituals were set into place.

Last week I put it on the must watch list, and I’m sticking by it. The trailer looks solid, and while I can’t say I’m excited about this news (as I haven’t even had the oppurtunity to see the film yet) I don’t mind it either. It’s getting damn good reviews thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment