Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Recap - What's New?



Hello all! I hope everyone had a delightfully terrifying weekend. Mine was very nice; relaxing and peaceful, which is exactly what I needed. I am sad to report, however, that due to traffic I was unable to make it to the screening of The Omen on time. I was so excited about getting to hear Richard Donner share his thoughts about the film that converted me to the world of horror at the rip age of 12, but if any of you have ever driven in Los Angeles before, you know how hard it can be to get into Hollywood on a Friday night. I was more excited about recording it so that I could share it with all of you. C'est la vie, I ended up catching Gravity (the latest Sandra Bullock/George Clooney suspense flick) down the street at the Chinese Theater, and while it's not a horror movie, it impacted me so much that I have to review it and share it with you guys. So be expecting that sometime this afternoon!

I also finished reading Stephen King's latest novel, Doctor Sleep, the sequel to his 1977 horror powerhouse The Shining. I was beyond excited to get started on it, and while I had to wait a week to start it, I savored every minute of it. While very different tonally from The Shining, it's still a phenomenal book that follows the later-in-life pursuits of the once young and poweful shiner Danny Torrance, after he's escaped the perils of The Overlook Hotel (physically, atleast). SO, there will be the first ever book review on Lovecraft Reviews. 


Speaking of book reviews, I have to extend an apology to Matthew Blake, the author of the amazing horror novel Awake. While it was set up in my queue for over a month ago, something went wrong and my review never got posted so that will be going up, as well as a Q&A with Mr. Blake discussing some of the finer points of his novel. 

SO, those were some of my weekend's festivities. What were yours? Sound off below!

- Rg Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment