Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Shocking News from EVIL DEAD Camp - Fede Alvarez Will NOT Be Returning To Direct EVIL DEAD 2
Talk about news that slaps you across the face and calls you a little bitch... In April, when Evil Dead shook the masses in all it's bloody glory, it seemed inevitable with little question that Evil Dead 2 would soon be underway with the new comer Fede Alvarez back behind the camera to show us what happens to Mia. Alvarez had been talking heavily about how the script was already well underway and even went out of his way to start rumors that the two worlds of Evil Dead, both old and new, could eventually meet in a horror collision for the masses.
I guess that was all fluff talk, because today, Rodo Sayagues (co-writer of Evil Dead) announced that the sequel was not happening, and he did so quite definitively:
“Look, I am sorry to tell you this but that movie won’t happen. Evil Dead 2 is not going to happen, at least not with us involved. We left that project many months ago because we preferred to put our energies on other things. I don’t know if the producers still have intentions of making it. But what I can tell you is that we are not part of that project," he explained to Gorosito TV.
Now I'm sure that there are a lot of you out there rejoicing that this project is moving forward, but I would be bold-face lying if I said that I wasn't a bit crushed right now. It feels like we got teased in a huge way, and then just dropped flat on our faces. I don't think I'll know what to think until Alvarez says something about this himself, but I'll tell you what, it certainly makes the guy come off as somewhat of an asshole.
- Rg Lovecraft