Monday, October 21, 2013

HORROR NEWS - Bruce Campbell Confirms: ARMY OF DARKNESS 2 IS OFFICIAL!


Guys, guys. Guys. I just don't even know where to start with this one. It's like finally hearing that you've won the lottery or that you found your favorite shirt which was seemingly lost forever but it was really just behind the couch the entire time. But bigger than that. Much, much bigger. As horror fans, there are those days where it seems like the impossible has been made possible and that all your dreams have seemingly come true. Folks, this is one of those days.

I woke up today thinking "This feels like a good day, I think this is going to be the start to a great week", and after having a rather sub-par weekend (hope your guys was fantastic though!) which was spent away from the internet, I woke up today to come into work and find out this absolutely delightful piece of news: Bruce Campbell has confirmed not only that Army of Darkness 2 is OFFICIALLY happening but also that he, of course, will be coming back to strap on the chainsaw and brandish the boomstick yet again as our favorite bumbling hero, Ash Williams. 

I seriously have to fight off tears right now.

This weekend, at this years Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, he indulged the crowd with the following: "The last one was twenty-two years ago. I just haven’t been racing to do it. Sam Raimi is just a little bit busy making the biggest movies in Hollywood. I used to be busy. Now I’m not. That’s why I’m here. He then joked, “Ash would have to stop occasionally from chasing some deadite to catch his breath. Maybe we could do that, I guess. That would be exciting. Fight in a walker. That would be alright. Hit them with my cane. Fake them out, have a fake heart attack, distract a zombie. I like it.

Now, if you have been following these rumors for the past however many years, you know that Bruce has teased us like the dirty little bitches we are, but this time it was no tease. When pressed on the matter, he went on to say, “Alright sir, the answer is yes.

Yes. The answer is YES. Not maybe, not "I'm sure it's gonna happen sooner or later" but yes.



Occasions like this require the cheesiest of celebratory music. 

Guys, let's get drunk and cry together.

- Rg Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment