Friday, January 17, 2014

MUSIC MUSINGS - Foo Fighters Enter The Studio To Record Follow Up to 2011's WASTING LIGHT


I am a musician, and I don't talk about nearly enough music on this here site. If there's one thing you should know about me, aside from my rather obvious horror obsession, is rock n' roll flows hand in hand with horror through my blood. They are my two life forces, and I would be lost with out them. 

The Foo fight for the number one spot in my heart, along with The Beatles and The Who, and they're last album put through a roller coaster of emotions ranging from pure, unadulterated happiness to teary eyed awe. The dudes just know how to do it and do it damn well. I mean, seriously, if you don't like The Foo then you don't like rock n' roll and you're not welcome round these parts.

I have been waiting with bated breath as I know that they've been working on their new album. They've been keeping extremely tight lipped about it, BUT, this morning a tweet went out via the Foo Fighters twitter (@foofighters) of 5 reels o' tape. They are in the studio, and it's only a matter of time before we get to hear what they've been working on. 

Dave Grohl has said very little about the project, Taylor Hawking (his drummer) has actually said more, but Dave has let us know that "…we are going to make this album in a way that no one’s ever done before, and we’re pretty excited about it.” We also know that the writing of the album is complete.

So what could this cryptic statement mean? Are they recording the album live? Are they recording it live in the middle of Hollywood and Highland? Or down at Palladino's in Reseda? Who the fuck knows, but I what I do know is that it's going to be amazing, and I'm sure a second pair of drawers will be needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment