Friday, January 10, 2014

HORROR ON TV - WGN America Gets Witchy With New Series: SALEM


I'm left conflicted about this influx of slapped together horror based television that's seemed to take over the airwaves since True Blood and American Horror Story exploded in the pop culture world a few years ago. I shy away from most of it, but this one has captured my interest and I'm very interested to see how it may be. 

WGN America, a station I've never even heard of, has been releasing promos for their new series Salem that's slated to air sometime early this year and I have to say, I like what I'm seein'. It looks to be a historic piece focused on, quite obviously, Salem, MA. While there doesn't seem to be too much out there yet, aside from casting announcements and a few promo's, I like what I've seen so far and I will definitely be keeping this one on my radar. Here's to hoping that I get the channel at home, I'll have to look into that. 

Below you can check out the promo, here's some more details (courtesy of SchockTillYouDrop)!

Written by Brannon Braga and Adam Simon, the series stars Janet Montgomery (The Hills Run Red) as the ruthless but vulnerable Mary Sibley, Salem’s most powerful enchantress – and Alden’s onetime love interest; Shane West  as handsome, hardened war veteran John Alden; Seth Gabel as local aristocrat Cotton Mather who fans the flames of Salem’s witch hunt; Ashley Madekwe as Mary’s mysterious, carnal accomplice; Xander Berkeley as chief politician Magistrate Hale; Tamzin Merchant as the forthright Anne Hale, an artist with a perilous attraction to Alden; and Elise Eberle as the mysteriously afflicted Mercy Lewis. In “Salem,” witches are real, but they are not who or what they seem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment