Monday, September 16, 2013

New CARRIE Featurette Features the Same Clips, Same Vibe, Same Ideas





Hello everyone! I'm back, after yet another beautiful weekend in sunny Southern California. I hope everyone had a lovely time, I certainly know I did.

We're starting the week off with the latest featurette, a UK featurette to be exact, for Kimberly Peirce's Carrie. In this re-imagining of Brian DePalma's original horror masterpiece, but more importantly Stephen King's debut novel, we see the tragic story of the supernaturally gifted Carrie White and what happens when you push that creepy quiet kid one step too far.

The official synopsis: “The film is a reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White (ChloĆ« Grace Moretz), a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother (Julianne Moore), who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.

Now, when we saw the first trailer for this, I was pretty stoked. I love the novel (it's a short read, get off your lazy asses and go check it out at the library), and while the film is good I feel that it never properly conveyed the true emotion and grit of the novel. In fact, I was going to write an entire series on Stephen King and his novels, comparing the literary works to their big screen counterparts, however I realized that there is not one book that I feel was properly (or even close to) coveneyed on the big screen.

REGARDLESS, I thought the first little teaser looked pretty damn cool. "We're finally going to see the destruction of the ENTIRE town," I thought to myself. However, as time has progressed we've been treated to literally the EXACT same trailer, with minor tweaks throughout, ever since. The level of excitement has decreased quite a bit, however, I'm still excited to see it and I think it's going to be a perfect film for the Halloween season.

Check out the UK trailer below, and as always, sound off in the comments below!


- Rg Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment