Tuesday, September 10, 2013

HORROR ON TV: AMERICAN PSYCHO Next on FX's Chopping Block


So, I have to say, the trend that I thought I'd never really see is taking off in a way that's blowing my mind. It seems that every horror film out there will eventually be adapted to the small screen, and word got released today that FX has their eyes set on an American Psycho sequel-series. Yes, a sequel. 

“In the new drama series, iconic serial killer Patrick Bateman, now in his mid-50’s but as outrageous and lethal as ever, takes on a protégé in a sadistic social experiment who will become every bit his equal — a next generation American Psycho.”

According to EW, the project will be written by Stefan Jaworski and co-produced by Lionsgate and FX. Allison Shearmu, Jaworski and Ed Pressman are executive producers.

FX already has American Horror Story, the insanely popular horror show, so if this one is greenlit I think they'll have trouble hiding their boner for scary stuff, Murika and freedom. Oh yeah, they also have a show called The Americans. Good god. 

 

2 comments:

  1. LOL you've said it all. Can't say I'm looking forward to this. It's a stretch for sure. 3 shows with America or American in their title wtf LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say that I'm looking forward to this more than I'm looking forward to The Exorcist, or the Scream series, but that's not saying much at all. It's just stretching over into blatant money grub status, but what can ya do!

      Delete