Friday, March 21, 2014

Special Edition "Record Store Day" Release of THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT Soundtrack!


As an avid music fan and vinyl junkie, I love Record Store Day. It's like Christmas, even though I rarely buy anything. I can guarantee you this though, I WILL be on the hunt for this bad boy come April 19th! 

One Way Static has announced the remastered release of David Hess's (Krug in the film) soundtrack to Wes Craven's The Last House on the Left, and it will come in the form of a totally bitchin picture disk variant! It's limited to only 15,000 copies so if you want to get your grubby mitts on a copy you better be on the hunt, quite literally. Thankfully I live down the street from one of the best record shops in LA so I'm not too worried about getting one, but I will be sending out friends to help me on the crusade.

This is definitely one of the strangest soundtracks of any horror flick I've ever seen, if only due to the fact that it's so damn happy. It's jarring to hear such a light melody playing in the background of a scene where a girl is getting tortured and butchered, but hey! That's what makes it so awesome. The music truly is fantastic and it is extremely indicative of the times in which this film was released, in the midst of the Vietnam war and after the rise and fall of the hippie movement. The film can be seen as making a valid statement about the peace and love movement, and the various ways that the times had an effect on the youth at the time.

Dig on the art below and get your copy on April 19th! 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment