Wednesday, March 19, 2014

NON-HORROR NEWS: Ti West Breaks Into The Major Market - FINALLY!


It's no secret that I have a bit of a man crush on Ti West. I think he's absolutely the shining beacon of hope for the horror genre, and if you don't believe me just hunker down for a viewing of The House of the Devil

Yesterday Bloody Disgusting announced some pretty exciting news: Ti West has been brought in to direct some major names in the biz. While it's not a horror film, it's a western revenge flick, John Travolta and Ethan Hawke (Sinister, The Purge). 

West will be writing and directing, and the film is set to take place in the late 1800's. I think it's pretty safe to say that this move is probably heavily inspired by Tarantino's Django Unchained, which I am perfectly okay with. I guess the question is how far detached from the horror genre it will be, West has proved himself to be quite the master of suspense while not relying on violence. Will we see a blood bath? I'm so interested and excited I could just pee myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment