Friday, February 21, 2014

HORROR NEWS: Rob Zombie's Hints at New Horror Flick; To Be in Same Vein as THE DEVIL'S REJECTS!


Things have been wild and crazy in the world of Rg Lovecraft. In addition to enjoying speaking in third person, I've been working on another musical project which has been taking up almost all of my time, and to be honest, the world of horror has been a bit dry (news wise) for me for the past week or so. Atleast until today that is, there's a whole slew of fun stuff that I'll be sharing today!

First and foremost, Rob Zombie made a very exciting announcement today. For those that do not know, Zombie has been working on his first non-horror feature, a sports flick called Broad Street Bullies and in May of 2013, he made a public statement that The Lords of Salem was his last horror flick for an unforeseeable about of time.

HOWEVER, in a recent article posted a New Zealand based news site, Zombie elaborated on his waning love for horror (due to over exposure), why he moved forward with the hockey flick and he let this wonderful little tidbit fly: 
"I was working on this thing called Broad Street Bullies, which was a hockey film, but that got put on the backburner because something else popped up."
Hmmm, I wonder what that could be? He goes on to say:
"I'd been working on this hockey film for over two years, it took so much research and work, and I was literally sitting with someone going, 'You know, I have this other idea…' 
And I said the idea and they go, 'We'll make that!' And I put together a one-line pitch, because I didn't want to go to pitch meetings and do all that. I'd call them on the phone and go, "Here's my idea, blah blah blah,' and they're like, 'We're in!' So you slave over something for years and it's still difficult, and you say some crazy thing off the top of your head and they say 'Where do we sign?'. And that turned into a weird bidding war. And that became the next film."
However, I have to say, the most exciting bit of info is this: 
 "I think it's something fans of the other stuff will like. Probably fans of The Devil's Rejects will enjoy the most. It's not connected to that film but it's more on that headspace".
YES. I think most Zombie fans have been patiently awaiting his faithful return to, if not, The Firefly Clan, then something similar. That style of horror is hands down my favorite; the gritty, true-to-life aspects hit close to home with ANYONE and that is what makes horror a truly terrifying experience, in my opinion.

It's probably going to be while before we hear or see anything, but it's good to know that Zombie's back. I only hope that his love for the genre is reinvigorated. I'd rather have him do nothing than do a piss-poor horror movie that lacks that passion and love that TDR reeks from every pore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment