Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HORROR NEWS: More Word Trickles Down the IT Grapevine!


More word has come in regarding the eternally rumored revised adaptation of Stephen King's IT. It was announced some time ago that True Detective director Cary Fukunaga (pictured below) would be writing and directing the new adaptation, this time for the big screen. Apparently that's still happening, atleast according to Dan Lin, the film's producer, as he tells us here:

Cary Fukunaga is writing and directing Stephen King’s It for me, and I’m really excited for that,” explains Lin. “So I’m hoping that’ll be his next movie after the indie he’s shooting in Africa. So I love what he did with True Detective. I think it’s a great sample for Stephen King’s “It.” So I’m really excited about that.

From what I hear True Detective is a pretty damn decent show as it boasts an extremely impressive 9.4/10 stars on IMDB. That alone makes me want to hunker down for the pilot and see if Fukunaga has the chops to do this film justice.

Stephen King's novel that spawned a million childhood fears of clowns was adapted for the small screen as a 4 part mini-series in 1990, and starred Tim Curry as the eponymous IT, or Pennywise. The story follows 7 children, known as the Loser's Club, who encounter the otherworldly beast and battle for their lives, once in 1958 and again, when it returns to feed in 1985. 

While details are scarce regarding the script yet, it's not even clear as to whether or not Fukunaga has begun writing it, but Bloody Disgusting reports that it will be set in the "present day". Whether that means 1985 present day as in the novel, or 2014 present day, all I know is that I'm hoping and praying it means 1985. I'll be a mite upset if we see Stuttering Bill and Beverly sexting eachother. 



No comments:

Post a Comment